Oh Yea Baby...
t***@aol.com
2008-02-14 16:36:56 UTC
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html;_ylt=AsY7qv8MSH6wl3g1GC6bw55fVXcA

Officially psyched.
R***@aol.com
2008-02-14 18:12:19 UTC
Can not freakin wait......i took a look at the trailer for Last
Crusade that they have up....clips from every major action sequence is
shown...makes me nervous to see more trailers for the new film. This
teaser, while kicking ass, already has me thinking..I might now know
some things that I dont wanta know......

MAY 22 BABY!!

http://www.raymation.net
z***@hotmail.com
2008-02-14 19:01:08 UTC
Looks great, and the trailer has made me excited to see it.

Raiders is one of my most favorite movies, but I didn't we needed
another Indiana Jones movie. And let's face it, Ford is getting
pretty old to play this role, but I'm happy see he's still able to
pull it off. I laughed out loud at the "I thought that was closer"
line.

I'm a little worried with the whole alien thing. It's a story line
that seems a little too sci-fi for an Indy movie, but hopefully it
will work.
t***@aol.com
2008-02-14 19:14:55 UTC
Alien thing is a bit scary... yes. And Kate Blanchet is looking like
she belongs in a Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon... and I am no fan of
the Indy's son thing...

But still it looks freaking awesome.
R***@aol.com
2008-02-14 22:07:09 UTC
***possible spoilers......not offical.....just me thinking*****

Now where have we seen a warehouse full of crates
before.......hummmmm....Roswell is a location in the film.. but maybe
it has nothing to do with aliens. Maybe Roswell is the army base
where they "store" the weird crap.....like say...the Ark...

I'm not real hot on the son thing because it feels too much like the
Last Crusade but in reverse. Rumors are that Shia (and honestly I
like the kid...actor wise) could be taking over the series. If so it
wont be the same...how could it....if the kid is named Daykota or
Sarrasota.....you can bet there will be a ______ Jones and the ___
down the road. If the movie ends with Indy giving the kid his hat...i
will throw my popcorn...swear to god....

http://www.raymation.net
t***@aol.com
2008-02-14 23:28:11 UTC
Have you seen any images of the crystal skulls? They are clearly
alien, not human.

My hope is that there are no actual aliens in the movie... just the
proof of their existence.
My guess is that they find aliens built the Myan temples or something
like that...
9Lanterns
2008-02-14 23:29:40 UTC
While I am of course excited, let me dwell on some negatives:

1) HATE the jokey line after Indy misjudges his swing and ends up in
the truck behind him. The jokes in Raiders felt more natural. Last
Crusade put waaaay too many wry one-liners in it, much to its
detrement. Looks like they're aiming for Last Crusade with this one.

2) George Lucas is blinded as to how much his CGI addiction hurts his
movies. I LOVE the dusty, weathered look of Raiders. You felt like
they had sand everywhere, mud splattering onto the lens, rough and
physical stunts. This one, while had some fun moments with the whip,
looks polished up like Phantom Menace. It feels like he's gone in and
digitally painted just about every shot.

3) Ford does seem to have a lost a little bit of charm. He seems old
and tired in the clips they showed here. Ironically, the part where
he looks the youngest is the jokey one-liner that I hate.

All that said, here's what I love about it:

1) NO aliens to be seen in the teaser. Even though I'm sure there's a
plotline around it, maybe it won't be emphasized too much.

2) Shia looks like he fits in the world. I hate the idea of Baby
Indy, but the kid is all right as an actor.

3) Shoot, it's a freakin Indiana Jones movie! Can't wait!

-Shane
R***@aol.com
2008-02-14 23:55:37 UTC
I've seen the comic cover art......

the crystal doesnt look human but is it supposed to be an actual skull
or something created by the Mayans?

Shane I liked the "jokey" line but I agree that the movie should not
be the yuk fest Last Crusade was....I mean there were gags in last one
for petes sake....like cartoon gags....DO NOT WANT

http://www.raymation.net
t***@aol.com
2008-02-15 01:09:43 UTC
Well I can't blame them for using modern film making techniques...
yes, it does seem a lot more polished but for me at least it still
looked "real" not like the blue screen nightmare of the last three
Star Wars films.

As far as Ford goes, everybody I know who has seen the trailer, myself
included, has commented about how GOOD he looks... not how bad. I was
pleasantly surprised that a guy in like his mid 60's still looks like
he can do what Indy does.

I do fear that this will be so polished as to cross over into the
video game realm... but so far so good as far as I am concerned. Plus
there has NEVER been music and probably never will be again that can
get me as excited as the Indy score.
9Lanterns
2008-02-15 02:57:09 UTC
"Plus there has NEVER been music and probably never will be again that
can get me as excited as the Indy score."

On that count, you are 100% correct. That is far and away the best
music score. Better than Star Wars, Jaws, and all the rest. John
Williams is flippin sweet.

As to Ford looking good... I think he DOES look good on the action-y
side of things. Shocking that a 60-year old can look like that. It's
the line deliveries that I think he looks tired on. But on reviewing
the HD version of the trailer, I'm almost convinced that the first
line is a total dub. The one where his sidekick says "This is not
gonna be easy" and he says something like "not like it used to be."
His lips do not come close to matching the line, so maybe he really is
supposed to look stoic in that shot, but for the trailer they laid in
some dialog for something else.

And I'm not crazy about the "Part Time" delivery in response to Shia's
"Thought you were a teacher" line. But I like that joke in spite of
his delivery seeming a little too flat, unlike the one where he lands
in the jeep, where I love the delivery but hate the line.

Ray, I agree with you about the skull. It does look VERY alien
(almost stereotypically alien), but I'm hopeful that it is a Mayan
thing, stylized. Again, I really do not like an alien sci-fi plot
element at all, but I do have hope that it is marginalized.

-Shane