Doubloon Lagoon?
T***@aol.com
2008-02-28 23:33:09 UTC
I remember reading a few years back that WDW was considering
adding a third water park. One name I kept hearing was "Doubloon
Lagoon," presumably with a pirate theme.
It occurs to me that such a park ALREADY EXISTS, but it is
called Typhoon Lagoon. For just a few million dollars, a pirate theme
could be overlaid on it.
It wouldn't take much, mostly adding props to existing areas,
like pirate-garbed skeletons, cannon and treasure. You could have a
lot of fun changing names of the facilities. For instance, you'd stow
your gear in the...you should sit down for this..."Davy Jones'
Lockers."
Miss Tillie could easily be converted into a pirate ship,
still perched upon Mt. Mayday. The sunken ship you swim over in Shark
Reef could also become a sunken pirate ship!
Riders on Castaway Creek could float through haunted pirate
caverns inside the mountain. Along the shores they'd pass scenes much
like DL's Pirates ride has in its Grotto, with the remains of pirate
crews and treasure troves.
Why, oh, why hasn't Diz done this? It seems so obvious to me!
P***@aol.com
2008-03-05 12:06:19 UTC
� � � � �Why, oh, why hasn't Diz done this? It seems so obvious to me!
Pirates would make a great retrofit to be sure, although TL is one
Disney park that still continues to entertain me without having to add
anything more.

The Slush n Gusher slides pretty much show what The Boss thought this
park needed.
I think we can consider ourselves grateful that Typhoon and Blizzard
do not try to turn themselves into more of a Wet and Wild.