There Be BEARS Here!!!
T***@aol.com
2008-05-29 10:45:09 UTC
Disney has its Country Bears. Universal now has its Swimming
Bears. I kid you not. Around dawn on Wednesday, May 28, guests staying
at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel reported to Mgmt that they had seen two
black bear cubs playing in the hotel's main swimming pool. Security
cameras caught one of the bears. However, despite a sweep of the hotel
and the entire property that took all day and night, the bears remain
at large...
P***@aol.com
2008-05-31 14:22:37 UTC
Is this one of the Universal hotels that accepts pets?
T***@aol.com
2008-06-04 23:44:40 UTC
� � � � � Disney has its Country Bears. Universal now has its Swimming
Bears. I kid you not. Around dawn on Wednesday, May 28, guests staying
at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel reported to Mgmt that they had seen two
black bear cubs playing in the hotel's main swimming pool. Security
cameras caught one of the bears. However, despite a sweep of the hotel
and the entire property that took all day and night, the bears remain
at large...
I am pleased to report that the bear was caught on the
hotel property on Saturday night, May 31. But, it wasn't a bear cub at
all. It weighed 180 pounds and was about three years old. This makes
me wonder HOW DID THIS BEAR GET ONTO UNIVERSAL PROPERTY IN THE FIRST
PLACE????
That whole area has been devoloped so thoroughly, and is
surrounded by so major roads and highways- INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL
DRIVE, just a mile to the south- that there are no large forested
areas left that could support a bear colony.
. About the only woods in the area are found around Lake Cane,
which lies just across Vineland Rd from Universal's north perimter. As
part of my nightly walks, I travel down the very dark and creepy Lake
Cane Drive. Now, along with worrying about muggers, I'll have to think
about being eaten by a hungry BEAR! Terrific.